What have I been up to?Posted: August 2, 2008
I haven’t posted here in a long time so I thought I’d do a quick heads up of what I’ve been doing lately:
- I received an MVP award from Microsoft in ASP/ASP.NET.
- I passed a couple more MS exams to complete my MCSD.NET. This leaves me only one MS exam off of finishing my Masters degree.
- I bought an iPhone 3G.
- I published my first iPhone web app. It’s an online connection speed test: http://www.iphonespeedcheck.com
- I hosted another meeting of the Ballarat.NET SIG. We were lucky enough to have two great presenters in Mahesh Krishnan and Tatham Oddie. Thanks again to Command Centre Ballarat for providing us with the venue. (if you’re interested in presenting at future Ballarat.NET SIG events I’m always looking for presenters so please drop me a line via email, facebook, twitter, messenger, etc.)
On top of that I finished up a long term gig I’d been on and took a couple of weeks off to unwind.
What’s on my radar for the coming months?
- Presenting the session Lachlan Hardy and I did at ReMIX this year on Internet Explorer 8 at the RDN events in Sydney and Melbourne.
- I’m helping to organise and coordinate the Chalk Talks at this year’s Tech.Ed in Sydney (more details on this soon).
- Check out Web Directions South in Sydney.
- Do some further updates to www.iphonespeedcheck.com
- Explore the new features in ASP.NET AJAX 4.
- Add some new features to the AccessKeyHighlighter AJAX control.
- Record some screencasts on the AccessKeyHighlighter and ASP.NET AJAX 4.
- Participate in the Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Feedback and generally checking out what it has to offer.
- Look into completing the requirements to become a Microsoft Certified Trainer.
- Build a new developer workstation for home.
Phew, that looks like enough! If you want to know what I’m thinking at any given time I can usually be heard chirping over on Twitter.