Readify Developer Network Dev Day, Melbourne Fri 9th OctoberPosted: September 16, 2009 Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: ASP.NET, RDN, training, Web Standards Comments Off on Readify Developer Network Dev Day, Melbourne Fri 9th October
I’m hosting half of the upcoming Readify Developer Network Dev Day in Melbourne on Friday the 9th of October. I’ll be talking about “Building for the Web with .NET” and Mitch Denny will be talking about “Software Quality and Application Lifecycle Management”. The cost is minimal and you can choose to attend the whole day or just the topic that interests you. Hope to see you there.
Readify Developer Network Dev Day
MELBOURNE | Friday 9th October 2009
Hear from Microsoft Tech.Ed 2009 Presenters and MVPs, Mitch Denny and Damian Edwards
RDN Dev Days are comprehensive presentations on relevant topics that can help your business thrive. All RDN Dev Days are presented by expert Readify
developer consultants and attendees are provided a variety of topic streams to choose from.
Join us for our upcoming RDN Dev Day and hear the latest on ‘Software Quality and Application Lifecycle Management’ and ‘Building for the Web with .NET’.
By attending this seminar you will gain greater knowledge and insight into the tools needed to assist you and your team in achieving your business objectives.
Each presentation is of a world-class standard as most Readify consultants are well recognised and highly regarded within the industry and present regularly at
events such as Tech.Ed, ReMIX, CodeCamp Oz, User Groups, plus many more. Readify also has eleven Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) on board.
Date: Friday 9th October 2009
Location: MELBOURNE | Cliftons Corporate Training Centre – 440 Collins Street (click here for location information & map)
Times: Stream A & B | 9am – 5pm
Stream A only | 9am – 12.30pm
Stream B only | 1.30pm – 5pm
A light lunch will be served from 12:30pm – 1:30pm for all attendees
Investment: Stream A & B (full day) | $150 + GST …register now
Stream A only (half day) | $75 + GST …register now
Stream B only (half day) | $75 + GST …register now
Bookings: Register online* or phone 1300 666 274
STREAM A :
Software Quality and Application Lifecycle Management
Presented by Mitch Denny (MVP) | Chief Technology Officer, Readify
Gathering Quality Requirements for Agile Development Teams
Agile software development teams are supposed to be able to operate with incomplete requirements. The problem is that incomplete requirements are often
confused with poor quality requirements and too many agile software development teams start writing code without a good idea of what it is that they are actually
trying to achieve.
In this session Mitch will introduce you to SketchFlow, a component of Expression Blend 3, and look at how you can use it within your projects to rapidly produce
prototypes and gather feedback from customers and how to integrate this with Team System.
Introduction to Visual Studio Team System 2010
Visual Studio 2010 is just around the corner and quality is the number one focus of this release. In this session, Mitch will look into the features planned in the
upcoming Visual Studio 2010 release and explain how they can be used in software teams. Mitch will cover:
- What is in it for developers?
- What is in it for testers?
- What is in it for architects?
STREAM B :
Building for the Web with .NET
Presented by Damian Edwards (MVP) | Senior Consultant, Readify
During this session, Damian will cover the following areas:
- Building Fast, Standards Compliant ASP.NET Websites
- ASP.NET MVC: Building for the web
- Introduction to the ASP.NET Web Forms Model-View-Presenter framework
* BOOK NOW AS SEATS ARE LIMITED! *
*Registrations now open and will be closing on Wednesday 7 October.
What have I been up to?Posted: August 2, 2008 Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: Ballarat.NET, iPhone, RDN Comments Off on What have I been up to?
I haven’t posted here in a long time so I thought I’d do a quick heads up of what I’ve been doing lately:
- I received an MVP award from Microsoft in ASP/ASP.NET.
- I passed a couple more MS exams to complete my MCSD.NET. This leaves me only one MS exam off of finishing my Masters degree.
- I bought an iPhone 3G.
- I published my first iPhone web app. It’s an online connection speed test: http://www.iphonespeedcheck.com
- I hosted another meeting of the Ballarat.NET SIG. We were lucky enough to have two great presenters in Mahesh Krishnan and Tatham Oddie. Thanks again to Command Centre Ballarat for providing us with the venue. (if you’re interested in presenting at future Ballarat.NET SIG events I’m always looking for presenters so please drop me a line via email, facebook, twitter, messenger, etc.)
On top of that I finished up a long term gig I’d been on and took a couple of weeks off to unwind.
What’s on my radar for the coming months?
- Presenting the session Lachlan Hardy and I did at ReMIX this year on Internet Explorer 8 at the RDN events in Sydney and Melbourne.
- I’m helping to organise and coordinate the Chalk Talks at this year’s Tech.Ed in Sydney (more details on this soon).
- Check out Web Directions South in Sydney.
- Do some further updates to www.iphonespeedcheck.com
- Explore the new features in ASP.NET AJAX 4.
- Add some new features to the AccessKeyHighlighter AJAX control.
- Record some screencasts on the AccessKeyHighlighter and ASP.NET AJAX 4.
- Participate in the Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Feedback and generally checking out what it has to offer.
- Look into completing the requirements to become a Microsoft Certified Trainer.
- Build a new developer workstation for home.
Phew, that looks like enough! If you want to know what I’m thinking at any given time I can usually be heard chirping over on Twitter.